A few weeks ago I asked you all to send me your awesome gift guides. I got a ton of responses, and below I’m sharing the most interesting ones you should check out and tips you should use from them to best monetize your blog this holiday season!
- Kara from Whimsy Soul — her gift guide focuses on a price point of under $75! Tip to borrow: use a price point and stick to it: people always have a budget and love that you’ve done the legwork for them.
- Martha Jane from Martha Jane — her gift guide is all about you! It’s focused on what the blogger wants. Tip to borrow: create a roundup of items you’d want for yourself, since your readers love your style and are shopping it already!
- Taylor from Perpetually Hungry made her gift guide focused on the host with the most. Tip to borrow: create a collage like Taylor did to really showcase your items.
- Caroline from LCB style focused on a $100 price point. Tip to borrow: add editorial notes under your fave items to call out notes your readers wouldn’t already know.
- Amanda from Fashionably Clearance talks all about the dudes. Tip to borrow: don’t forget about the men in your life; they are hard to shop for, so make a roundup to help your readers out!
- Leanne from Classy yet Trendy did a gift guide “for her.” Tip to borrow: utilize both text links and image widgets to add more places for your readers to click on and make more $$!
- Becky from the Becky Diaries did a gift guide for the traveler. Tip to borrow: add different sections — in Becky’s case, it was types of travel gear — and create a widget for each section to better monetize.
- Gabrielle from Gabrielle Gz did a stocking stuff gift guide it it’s all under 10 euros! Tip to borrow: cater to your international clientele if you have a presence in another country and and focus on low-price roundups in that area.
- Melissa from Melissa Takes Fashion does a roundup for the littles. Tip to borrow: baby and toddler clothing are the cutest, create a collage like Melissa and watch your clicks grow.
- Isabella from Yes It’s Prep takes the legwork out of thinking too hard and does an all-inclusive gift guide. Tip to borrow: create several gift guides in one, ie. for her, for him, for the little ones, etc!
- Katerina from Delirium Style pulls off the Greatest Gift Guide. Tip to borrow: come up with a clever name like Katerina’s for your post and you’ll be sure to get SEO attention and more readers to the post.
And here are a few other cute gift guides to check out for inspiration . . .
- Giada from Miel Cafe .
- Sam from Beyond Brunette.
- Leanne from LegalLee Blonde.
- Amanda from For the Love of Glitter.
- JJ from Belly Itch Blog.
- Rebecca from Beckabella Style Inspirations.
- Jordan from North Shore Proper.
For those who have created an interesting gift guide with a cool tip you think other SSC community members could use please email email@example.com. Send over the link to your guide as well as the tip you want to share for a chance to be featured on this blog!